Re: gnuplot settings in Octave

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: gnuplot settings in Octave
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:32:17 -0700

First of all, thanks for the advice. I like this.

Now, for the suggestions:

get(gcf, 'position')

returned [300 200 560 420]. Also, a plot window opened. So I tried to add the following to my .octaverc file:

set(gcf, 'position', [0 0 200 200]);

When I restarted Octave a plot window immediately opened in the lower left-hand corner (0, 0), and based on the size I'm guessing it was 200x200. But when I tried to open a second figure it was at the same location and same size as the default position.

I'd like for all plot windows to be at the location and size I specify, and I'd prefer to not have a plot window open up each time I start Octave. Is there something more that needs to be done with this?

Regarding the TeX interpreter:

get(gca, 'interpreter')

returns 'ans=none'

So it looks as though there is no interpreter. I tried the command

set(gca, 'interpreter', 'tex')

and nothing changed. In fact, running a second time the command

get(gca, 'interpreter')

still returned 'none' for the answer.

I'm guessing that the answers to my two questions are related, but how to get those answers, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks again!

-Ron