Re: Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data

From: syberraith
Subject: Re: Numerical Differentiation and Integration of Array Data
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 13:21:18 -0800 (PST)

***
This said, I think you should sit back and carefully rethink your model,
you are spending a lot of time on a numerical method to compute an
approximation "s"
of the quantity "s1" which you already know analytically from the beginning.

***

Yeah, I got that a while ago.  I've just been trying to learn how exactly I
went wrong, to satisfy my compulsion to understand everything even the
things that are wrong.  Sometimes they're even more interesting.

Now, I just have to figure out what to do with this paper that I spent the
last month writing and that is now obviously based on calculation err...

So, the summation value with f(p) - f(0), got it.  The only thing was was
concerning me about doing that you all reminded me that f(x) was the
indefinite integral to begin with of what I was integrating, what that f(x)
was a combination of two or thee other functions:  delta-theta(x), v(x), and
either -sin(x) or cos(x) as the case was.  The one that concerned me most
was the delta theta correction because is was so asymmetrical.

Anyway, I gotta get back to the drawing board now to see if I can salvage
any of this.  :)

I appreciate everyone help with this very much.