Re: how to instal, or upgrade, the latest octave version on windows 7

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: how to instal, or upgrade, the latest octave version on windows 7
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:44:55 -0800 (PST)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote

> Hello
>
> --- On Thu, 2011/12/8, Mircea Toma wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> 1. Did I have to instal gcc4.5.2? it mean Mingw 4.5.2?
> No. Gcc-4.5.2 is bundled with the octave package
>> I have gcc version 4.6.1
>>
>> 2. We repeated the tests in "A.1 October Files". It seems that "readline"
>> is missing from the newly installed version.
>> For the moment I not tried to understand other warnings or errors. I do
>> not know if they are conected with my example.
>
> Indeed libreadline.dll.a is missing in the Nitzan's archives.
>
> I have upload on my web.
> http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
> libreadline.dll.a.zip, 29,542 bytes, 2011-12-08
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

On my system (win7 x64) with the original gcc-4.5.2 in exec path, I could
"mkoctfile helloworld.cc" and didn't get the "cannot find -lreadline" error.
This is the reason I didn't noticed it in the past.

Anyhow, I will add that file in next update.

Thanks for hosting the archives on your site.

Nitzan