image from matrix at original size [newbie]

From: marasolc
Subject: image from matrix at original size [newbie]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 03:43:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all!

Here is my problem:
I've got a data matrix from a camera saved as .txt file, it is 256x1024
matrix. I load the matrix into /img/ variable. Then I want to show the color
image (with /limits/) at its original size 1024x256, attach colorbar and
save forexample as png - something like this:

img = load("data.txt");
map = jet(64);
colormap(map);
imagesc(img, [minv maxv]);
colorbar();
print("image.png","-dpng");

Nevertheless, all the time the resulting image is somehow resized, which
happens also with imshow function. The saved png image is somehow resized
too. I can improve it using stuff like set(gca,"position"...) and
print("image.png","-dpng","-S1024,256"), but only if I omit the colorbar.

Could you please give me some hints for a neat solution of this problem?
Thank you a lot,
Marek