Re: Problems with fileread

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Problems with fileread
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:17:24 +1100

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 03:47:19 +1100, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]
I read what matlab has online and it doesn't say anything about the result
being a column or row vector
but just that it returns a string. Shouldn't a string be a row vector?
Octave returns a column vector now, and I think we should change it.

Any thoughts?

The behaviour I reported was due to me not getting the expected response from a program which worked correctly on Matlab. On something as fundamental as this I think we need to change Octave to return a row vector.

I have submitted a bug report.

Cheers,
--
Regards,