Re: ftp mget error

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Re: ftp mget error
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:43:46 +0100

On 03/13/2012 11:35 AM, grigorym wrote:
I'd be very thankful, if someone could explain me the behavoir of an Octave
mget-function while working with ftp. Simply speaking, I couldn't get to
work a simple example with mget(fp,filename). I just cann't retrieve a
single file from ftp!

fp = ftp("server", "username", "pass");
cd(fp, "somedir");
mput(fp, "sample.txt");
mget(fp, "sample.txt");

Function mput works fine, the file is being put exactly where expected.
However, mget fails to retrieve it back at once with:
error: __ftp_mget__: file not found
error: called from:
error:   C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.2\share\

Just a though: Did you try to set the connection to text (perhaps it's default binary and this makes some problems)?

Otherwise a workaround: use the function "system" to call ftp or wget from the OS... Cheers, Ismael.