Parsing octave files and catching errors using C++

From: Jesse van den Kieboom
Subject: Parsing octave files and catching errors using C++
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:48:11 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to integrate the octave parsing into an editor and I was looking at how (and if) this can be done. I've been mucking around a bit with the C++ API using load_fcn_from_file, which seems to be doing the job. However, I'm currently not able to retrieve locations of errors from C++. I've tried various things, like getting input_line_number (defined in parse.h), but those values are unwound just before load_fcn_from_file returns. I also tried to call 'lasterror' using eval_string (not a nice solution, but if it works), but that did not return a valid octave value. Is there a way to retrieve parsing errors from octave using the C++ API? I would like to access line number, column number and error/warning messages.

With kind regards,

Jesse