Configuration issues

From: Alexandre Payeur
Subject: Configuration issues
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:43:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to install octave 3.6.1.. When I do ./configure, it produces
the following error:

checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme... unknown
configure: WARNING: unknown Fortran name-mangling scheme
configure: defining FFLAGS to be -O
checking whether gfortran generates correct size integers... no
configure: error: your Fortran compiler must have an option to make
integers the same size as octave_idx_type (int).  See the file INSTALL for
more information.

The INSTALL file doesn't contain any information whatsoever. I searched
the web for an answer and I found nothing a human can understand.

I have version 3.4.0. working, but I need a more recent version to use the
xcorr function.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexandre Payeur