Re: fixed points piecewise-linear fitting

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: fixed points piecewise-linear fitting
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:32:50 -0400

On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> [...]

After taking a closer look, I agree. A linear least squares approach will not
work.

Since I've been wanting a function that does this sort of thing, I put coded a
simple solution that results a piece-wise polynomial.

It includes the tex-info help as well as a demo. I used fsolve() to determine
the interpolating values. So, it is not speedy or efficient.

Ben