Strange behavior with git and oct-files

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Strange behavior with git and oct-files
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:38:11 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm using a local git repository with an oct-file inside it which calls some C++ code. I'm now working on a branch other then the master branch. When I compile my file using mkoctfile and let it run in the terminal, it don't recognizes that the file was being updated, I have to restart octave to run the actual file. What could be the cause of this and did someone experience the same problem? Besides I'm running the latest version 3.6 on ubuntu 12.04.

Cheers Reza