Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04

From: mesuron
Subject: Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:32:44 -0700 (PDT)

>The problem is that you insist on installing Octave and its packages

>in a way nobody recommends you do so, and you're complaining that the
>non-recommended way to install it is awkward. Yes, that's why we don't
>recommend it.
>
>Also, despite me asking you three times, you never *showed* me what
>you were doing and what was happening, i.e. copy-and-pasted whatever
>error messages and commands you were typing.
>
>Since you seem to be a fan of late 19th century European literature,
>let me quote some Arthur Conan Doyle to you: "Data! Data! Data! I
>cannot make bricks without clay."
>
>- Jordi G. H.”

Please read my messages carefully. I said I have no problem working  in Octave in Any Ubuntu environment.
Just in different versions of Ubuntu I had to install forge packages differently! As I’ve done it, it is through the ass, I agree, but it was fast and it worked.

BTW, t
he best intended  solution was in QT Octave but it does not work properly, and somehow you don’t like QT version! That is your personal choice of cause, a strange one, but OK. I
n Ubuntu 10.04 LTS I could install it without any questions through Ubuntu Software center. Wasn’t bad at all.
In Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I have to learn about installation procedure and writing code in Linux terminal and install packages one by one this way when I need almost half of all of them.  Thanks for QT Octave I do not need to do it!

Listen, No more complains.  If you believe that everything “all right'” then it is!
I do not believe now that my questions are even for Octave team. I am sure now that it’s for Ubuntu developers team....
Take care and I am done with questions.

Alexander