Saving a 3d plot with different perspective

From: kiran.karra
Subject: Saving a 3d plot with different perspective
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:42:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I am creating some 3d plots using mesh. I rotate the plots manually and
would like to save the rotated plot  using the figure command.  I create a
figure with a handle to the figure as follows:

fig1 = figure(1);
plot(x,y)

# now I rotate the figure manually

# save teh figure
print(fig1, "figure1.png", "-dpng")

However, the saved figure looks the same as the unrotated figure (original
perspective).  Anybody know how I would save the figure using the figure
command with the perspective that I want without using printscreen?