ginput + images

From: rob_uw
Subject: ginput + images
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:26:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello -

I'd like to use ginput to extract image coordinates from the cursor on an
image, however ginput is returning 0's.

The image (.jpg) displays fine with imshow or image [the coordinates in
lower left of figure do not change when moving cursor over figure/image]

Ginput does not generate an error, but returns '0' (or '0, 0, -1' if
returning 3 values.)

I am using 3.2.4 on ubuntu 11.10; ginput works fine for regular plots. Same
issue on a wubi/xp 11.1 installation.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

p.s. I'm relatively novice with ubuntu and have preferred
installations/updates with synaptic or software centre, in that's relevent
[saw a couple older threads re Windows 7 issues but not on ubuntu, or w/
solutions that looked applicable]