Problems with Statistics package

From: Hannes
Subject: Problems with Statistics package
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:56:34 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am using the octave statistics package right now, but have some unexpected (possibly bugged) results.

I have attached a log that shows the problem. On a perfect grouping, anova produces p-val of 1 instead of 0. The f-statistic being displayed as
-94353808874586048.0000
leads me to the conclusion that some internal number limits where exceeded, which is strange, because the example is very simple, the involved numbers very low etc.

Could someone help me with that?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Hannes

PS: System is:

octave:83> version
ans = 3.2.4
octave:84> uname
ans =
{
  sysname = Linux
  nodename = research-macpro01
  release = 3.2.0-24-generic
  version = #38-Ubuntu SMP Tue May 1 16:18:50 UTC 2012
  machine = x86_64
}