Re: Problem with java package and xlsread

From: frage
Subject: Re: Problem with java package and xlsread
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:15:22 -0700 (PDT)

Philip,

Thanks for your response.  I reinstalled octave from the visualstudio .exe
installer package, this time I installed java from the source forge dropdown
list during installation.

When I ran Octave for the first time, I checked the pkg list, java was
installed but not loaded.

I then setenv ("JAVA_HOME") and pkg load java.

Next step was to javaaddpath to the POI and jxl interfaces.

I them ran javamem and got results.

I have not checked all functionality but xlsread is working fine so I am
happy.

If I did not wish to reinstall what is the best solution.

uninstall java pkg

setenv ("JAVA_HOME","location")

install and load java pkg

if I get octave.jar is not detected what do i do next

I know it has something to do with javaaddpath or javaaddclass