Re: How to use 'colloc'?

From: c.
Subject: Re: How to use 'colloc'?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:57:05 +0200

Il giorno 02/lug/2012, alle ore 19.52, Søren Hauberg ha scritto:

> Hi All
>
> I need to solve a system of 2nd order ODE's with two-point boundary
> conditions, and I'd figure I'd try to use the 'colloc' function for this
> (I've tried a few different routines, but there all kinda slow). The
> documentation for this function is a bit lacking for a newbie like myself, so
> I was wondering if anybody has a link to some tutorial on how to use the
> function? Specifically, I can't figure out how to have general boundary
> conditions u(0) = u_0 and u (1) = u_1.
>
> Thanks
> Søren

Søren,

for this kind of problem you could also use bim.
attached is an example script to solve a particular system
of 2 semilinear 2nd order ODEs with two-point boundary conditions.
If you can provide more info about your specific problem I can help
you adapt the script to your needs.

HTH,
c.

P.S. this example was written quite quickly I'm sure it DOES contain bugs ;)