Re: trying to compile 3.6.1

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: trying to compile 3.6.1
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:36:54 -0400

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Rita <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, I compiled gcc 4.6.2 myself.

Ok, that should be fine, like Sergei said, but it's been so long since
I've done that I don't remember what to watch out for. His script may
point you in the right direction.

> My config.log is huge (close to 4mb). Is there a particular section I should
> be looking at?

I'm still interested in seeing what is causing this failure, if you
can compress the entire config.log and post it somewhere I can
download, that would be great, because there are probably more than
just this one failure in there. If not, can you search the log for the
line with

  checking if C++ library is ISO compliant

and copy from there until

  checking for broken C++ reinterpret_cast

and just post that section? Or if you can do command-line,

  sed -n "/checking.*compliant/,/checking/p" config.log > config-iso.log

and send config-iso.log. That should be only a hundred or so lines.
You'll see the compiler command line, the test program that was
compiled, and the gcc warning and error messages that may help explain
what went wrong.

--
mike