Exception with RandStream

From: Nagendra Nagarajayya
Subject: Exception with RandStream
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:38:33 -0700

Hi!

I am trying to execute a demo program for MatLab with Octave and get the below error:

`RandStream' undefined near line 26 column 11
error: called from `ccvRandSeed' in file /export/home/audiomining/caltech/binaries/ccvRandSeed.m near line 26, column 9
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.3/m/miscellaneous/run.m at line 53, column 7

I am new to Octave and MatLab. Is it possible to know what I am missing ? Octave seems to compile all the MatLab files fine without any problems, but seems to throw the error when I run the demo function. Do I need to include any libraries or modules ?

Regards,
- NN

ps. I am not yet on the list, so please copy me.