Re: Set ubuntu repository for last octave

From: Laurent Hoeltgen
Subject: Re: Set ubuntu repository for last octave
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:13:29 +0200

Hi,

On 24/08/12 19:04, Peng Yu wrote:
Hi,

The following shows how to set ubuntu repository so that apt-get can
retrieve the latest version of R. The same thing can be done for
octave as well, but I don't find a solution, yet. Does anybody know a
way to set ubuntu repository for octave? Thanks!

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README

As far as I know, there are no standard repos that you can simply add to ubuntu to get the latest version. You can either stick with version 3.2.4 (which is in the default repos of ubuntu (up to 12.04)) or you can add the ppa from here: https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef. Note that this only offers versions for natty and precise. Further, I don't now how much Albert Graef is involved in the Development of octave itself. It's up to you whether you trust his builds or not.

Regards,
Laurent