Re: Publishing code dual-licensed

From: Martin Vogel
Subject: Re: Publishing code dual-licensed
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:36:04 +0200

Thanks Laurent, I'll think about it.

Laurent Hoeltgen <address@hidden> schrieb:
On 27/09/12 14:57, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 27 September 2012 08:41, Martin Vogel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jordi,

What does MEX have to do with your license choice?

I meant the Matlab file exchange, sorry for the confusion.

Ah, right.

The issue is just that if the only way for us to get your code is
through the Mathworks site, then we cannot use it in Octave without
violating the Mathworks' terms of service. If it's there and on y! our
own site or any other site, we can just get it from that other
location no problem.

You can use the BSD-style license for both if it's simpler for you. We
prefer the GPL in Octave, but a BSD-style license is fine too. The
only problem is if your code is only available from the Mathworks'
site.

- Jordi G. H.

Help-octave mailing list
address@hidden

Hi,

I would suggest to completely avoid the hassle with the TMW file
exchange restrictions and put the code on some site like github,
sourceforge, .... In that case you are completely free to put whatever
license you want on your code and you get the version control as a nice
side effect.

Regards,
Laurent

Help-octave mailing list