Re: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Oct

From: japindado
Subject: Re: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type -- trying to return to prompt
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:30:47 -0800 (PST)

"My question about the Octave binary was just if it was  32-bit or a 64-bit
binary (this is somewhat independent of the question whether Octave is built
for 32-bit or 64-bit indexing)."

I'm not sure how to tell.

"I believe both available binaries right now are 32-bit Windows binaries
(with 32-bit indexing), so they will be naturally limited just by virtue of
the compiler that was used to create them.  Perhaps we can build Octave with
this to get a 64-bit binary:  http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/";

That would be great.  To get around this problems, I am running 3 instances
of Octave and structuring my code with a bunch of config options to control
flow, skip over certain sections, and tackle data piece-wice... 2GB for all
of the variables in the workspace is too limiting these days.

Thanks a lot again.