Re: Qt backend (Was: Can't save a plot)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Qt backend (Was: Can't save a plot)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:25:42 -0500

On Nov 12, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Salva Ardid wrote:

> Is the qt backend still under development? I checked
> https://github.com/goffioul/QtHandles but last time it was updated is 4
> months
> ago...
>
> I tried to test it, but after compiling and everything, octave crashed on
> startup
>
> Sorry to being off-topic here, I think I should open a new thread, could you
> tell me the most appropriate list to do it so?
>
> Thanks,
> Salva

I've built Qt Handles on MacOS X, and it worked for me.

It is also working on Windows (the binaries on sourceforge include it).

I recently asked Michael Goffioul about including qthandles in the Octave 4.0
release.  He indicated that the only thing preventing him from integrating
qthandles into Octave's code base was lack of his time.

Ben