Re: Printing pcolor image takes a bit long

From: Marko Kvakić
Subject: Re: Printing pcolor image takes a bit long
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:16:39 +0100

The pcolor function doesnt allow anything else to overlay it (with "shading flat"), which is important since i have to draw in the coastlines.
Looking at the archive, it seems gnuplot can't handle that.

I went around it by changing the array values in the matrix, since i can hide the figure aswell with gnuplot.

But now my problem is that all of the images, regardless of file type, come out with horizontal/vertical darkened stripes.

Ill have to figure something out though, because i like this program :)

On 19 November 2012 02:56, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18 November 2012 13:56, Marko Kvakić <address@hidden> wrote:
> The "problem" i have is printing out pcolor figures of a 3000x900 matrix.
> Seems it takes a bit long to produce the image.
>
> I'm using fltk package because i'm having trouble overlaying pcolor with a
> plot command.

Printing with fltk is slow for complicated images. This is a known
limitation. I can't think of an easy solution. Why is gnuplot not
working for you?

- Jordi G. H.

--
Marko Kvakić