Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:49:32 -0500

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
Also, we decided to allow arbitrary strings as struct field names, but
warn about them:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f2b8f90052fd
    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/808e4f13e220

Thank you! I think that's a great compromise.

Given the flamewar that started because of the broadcasting issue, even though the warning could be disabled or could be turned into an error (you would expect it would make everyone happy, but it didn't), I'm curious whether the same will happen here.

Michael.