Re: Octave's and Matlab's limitations

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave's and Matlab's limitations
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:39:10 +0100

On 21 Nov 2012, at 22:04, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> It's all fine but how often and how well do you document matrices in
> your matlab scripts? You can't use "other tools" to convert data to
> load()'able format if nobody knows what that format is supposed to be.

sorry, I don't think I get the meaning of this sentence, are you asking for
matlab file format specification?

> I don't particularly like python, but it's more readable than perl, more
> powerful than shell, and comes without Oracle lawyers who might show up
> tomorrow and demand you pay up for the privilege. It's kinda what basic
> used to be: not that great but easy, available, and better than the
> alternatives.

so, it'd be really nice if you would give Pytave a try, it should allow you
to run Octave functions from within Octave. If you do try it, I'd be really
interested in knowing your impressions.

c.