Re: Oct-files calling in Matlab

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Oct-files calling in Matlab
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:05:51 -0500

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Reza Housseini <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Andy Buckle <address@hidden> wrote:

>> to write my data into a .mat file. Or is there at least a third better
>> option?
>

> Get the Matlab user to use Octave. Pretty much no financial or time
> overhead.
> --
> /* andy buckle */

Hahaha yes this is what I've told them. The excuse was they purchased
a Matlab licence and now don't what to waste more time installing
Octave. So this is sadly no option to solve this problem.

also, in a controlled software environment (corporate, etc.), the software approval/installation process is not necessarily a zero time overhead option. Still a good investment of time (relative to corporate Matlab license costs these days) but not zero. :)