Re: Improving Octave Image Processing Package -- Academic Project

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Improving Octave Image Processing Package -- Academic Project
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 09:16:49 +1100

You could compare the Matlab Image Processing Toolbox (at http://www.mathworks.com.au/help/images/functionlist.html) with Octave's current offering and see what is most easily added.  I would like to see some good deblurring functions, better edge detection (canny etc, harris corner), and a decent wavelet transform (although this may be beyond the scope of the image toolbox, and should probably be part of core octave, or its own toolbox).

-Alasdair