Re: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:42:32 +0100

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 07:17:20PM -0500, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I don't agree. IMO the actual question is: should the poster
> even be allowed to use his/her coporate email to acces public mailing list?

You will be hardly be able to hinder him, will you :)

> In this particular case, the footer says:
> - if you're not the recipient, you must delete the message; so basically
> everybody should delete it and no-one should answer

I don't know US law; under German law, nobody can force you to delete
the message. Forwarding it however might be a problem, especially if it
is obvious to you that the mail was sent in error and there is some
obvious damage done by forwarding it.

> - you are not allowed to copy or forward the e-mail; so if such e-mail by
> accident contain actual confidential information, because of the presence
> of the footer, could the octave project be held liable for resending the
> email to thousands of people?

Ask a lawyer. Personally, I think that everything done by automatic
means is safe, but willfully forwarding erroneous messages is different.

        Thomas