List of dependencies for compiling

From: Alec Teal
Subject: List of dependencies for compiling
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:44:06 +0000

Hello, (first ever message to a mailing list!)
Should I stick around here's some context:
I was sat in a "Maths-by-computer" lecture bored out of my skull and pissed (may I swear?) at the mention of Matlab, from a silly lecturer who said something silly about programming languages like "C++ and HTML" while waiting for his mac to start, so I started compiling octave. I use Linux Mint (MATE - 13 (Maya)) w/ compiz and emerald (doesn't matter, just more context), this means my sources.list doesn't contain src packages, so build-dep can't work, I probably could have fixed this... anyway here's my question:

Can I please have a list of package names?

I managed to compile it! Eventually, but then some strange endless-loop (no increased memory consumption, full usage of a cpu core, no GUI activity) thing happened 7 lines later, I want to fix this, but not on my laptop, I don't want to do the whole thing on my computer again.

Alec