Re: Fltk resize issue on OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Fltk resize issue on OS X
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:34:10 -0500

On Feb 20, 2013, at 2:57 AM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> Hello,
> I just read the thread containing your message [1], I'm running octave
> 3.6.3 from macports (octave-devel port) with fltk 1.3.2 (fltk port)
> and I'm experiencing the same issue, that is I cannot resize fltk
> window.
>
> I had a look at __init_fltk__.cc but seems the two proposed patch,
> i.e. move size_range() earlier in code, are already applied.
>
> From what you wrote I had the idea that with the patch the window
> should have behaved correctly on OS X too, can you confirm this?
>
> I tried your workaround for getting a working window, anything that
> will change the window size is good, i.e
>  set (gcf, "position", get(gcf, "position"))
> won't work, while
>  set (gcf, "position", get(gcf, "position")+1)
> will work.
> Notice how the window before resize has a wider gap in the lower part,
> once that's gone the resize handle in bottom-right corner appears. May
> it be some overlapping fltk widget that prevent resizing?
>
> Any hint is appreciated
>

> Best regards
>

> [1]
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-February/023233.html
>
> --
> Andrea

Andrea,

I still have this problem.  I assume this is a MacOS X specific problem, but am
not sure (I'm not much of a c++ programmer and have no experience with FLTK).
If you're inclined the development community and the MacOS X users of Octave
would greatly appreciate anything  you can do to track down the problem.

Ben