Re: Simple question regarding plotting in for loops

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: Simple question regarding plotting in for loops
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:25:05 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Henriamaa <address@hidden> wrote:
> When I write a function for plotting this way:
> function test
> for i =1:10;
> h = sin (i);
> plot(h)
> endfor
>
> it does not plot anything but when I do this:
> function test
>  i =1:10;
> h = sin (i);
> plot(h)
> it plots the points.
>
> This is a general pattern. I have been able to draw a circle without the for
> loop but once I put the plot statement in the for loop nothing is plotted.
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> --

In your for loop, you assign h to just one number so,
 for i =1:10;
 h = sin (i);
plot(h)
endfor

h is just one number, so the loops go something like:
i = 1;
h = sin(1);
plot(h); % just plots the point (1, sin(1))
i = 2;
h = sin(2)
plot(h); % just plots the point (1, sin(2)) on a new plot

and so on.

Hope this helps,

James Sherman