Problems with openMPI-ext package installation

From: Edwardo
Subject: Problems with openMPI-ext package installation
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 09:59:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a the linux Mint OS and I am having problems ton install the pachage
openMPI_ext for Octave.
It has a lot of errors saying: make mpic++: coomand not found.

I guess that I have to download some type of MPI library first...
1- Which one I have to download, from where and *how* I install it?

2- Also, Did octave has some type of shared memory software?? like some kind
of OpenMP?

Thanks!