Re: Octave won't plot 3D graphs anymore.

From: Benjamin Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave won't plot 3D graphs anymore.
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:20:50 -0400

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:57 PM, "Eusebio, Paulo" <address@hidden> wrote:

I have GNU Octave version 3.2.4. It used to be able to plot 3D graphs but not anymore. Everytime I try to run the following program it keeps saying 'invalid use of script in index notation'. What does that mean? The following code is thusly:

% mesh.m
% produces 3-D graph of analytic solution to laplace equation
clear;
a = -2; b = 2; N = 100; h=(b-a)/N;
xx = a:h:b; yy=xx;
[x,y]=meshgrid(xx,yy);
z = 1./(1+(x.^2 + 2*x.*y + y.^2));
figure;
surf(x,y,z);
axis([a,b,a,b,0,1]); xlabel("x"); ylabel("t")

How do I fix this problem? Do I have to upgrade or delete certain libraries?

Is your file called "mesh.m"?

If so, what does "which mesh" return?

Ben