Re: Octave standalone exe and graphics toolkit

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave standalone exe and graphics toolkit
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:16:04 +0900 (JST)

-- On Sat, 2013/3/23, vinukn  wrote:

> I have create a stand alone exe. I used eval_string fuction. eval_string("3
> 3",...) gives correct output. When i tried to plot some plot
> (eval_string("plot(magic(4))",...)), I got an error:'unable to set default
> graphics backend'.  I set defult graphics backend,but same error exist. When
> i set default graphics as qt, i got another error:'A Qt application must
> exist'.

I have tested following code on octave 3.6.2 (MSVC),
#******************************************************
#include <iostream>
#include <octave/oct.h>
#include <octave/octave.h>
#include <octave/parse.h>

int
main (void)
{
  string_vector argv (2);
  argv(0) = "embedded";
  argv(1) = "-q";

  octave_main (2, argv.c_str_vec (), 1);

  int flag=1;
  octave_value_list out;
  out = eval_string("graphics_toolkit gnuplot", true, flag);
  out = eval_string("plot(hilb(3))", true, flag);
  return 0;
}
#******************************************************
mkoctfile made the above code to build without errors.

I executed the program and got the following errors

error: get: unknown figure property closerequestfcn
error: get: unknown figure property deletefcn
error: get: unknown figure property closerequestfcn
error: get: unknown root property currentfigure

If replaced the graphics_toolkit by fltk, I got following errors

error: get: unknown figure property closerequestfcn
error: get: unknown figure property deletefcn
error: get: unknown figure property closerequestfcn
error: get: unknown figure property __plot_stream__
error: get: unknown root property currentfigure

If replaced the graphics_toolkit by qt, I got following errors

error: feval: library open failed:
C:\Programs\Octave-3.6.2\lib\octave\3.6.2\oct\i686-pc-mingw32\QtHandles\__init_qt__.oct
error: called from:
error:   C:\Programs\Octave-3.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\plot\graphics_toolkit.m
at line 59, column 5

I do not know the reason why my results were different from those reported by
vinukn.

Regards

Tatsuro