GSoC 2013 Octave application for mentoring org

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: GSoC 2013 Octave application for mentoring org
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:48:23 -0400

Hello, everyone. Thanks to all who contributed to our ideas page. It's
looking pretty good now:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas

I have submitted the following org application to Google:

    http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_2013_application

I think it also looks good, but if you disagree, please edit the
application. I will be away for a week starting tomorrow, but jwe can
edit the application that we've submitted to Google up until the
deadline, which is on Friday at 17:00 UTC. If you think our
application needs to be edited by then, please signal him about it.

For reference, the application as seen by Google is here, but I think
it's only visible to me and jwe:

    http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/application/google/gsoc2013/8315202

Let's hope Octave gets accepted this year as an independent mentoring
organisation. If not, we can probably still work under GNU like in
past years.

- Jordi G. H.