Re: complex line integral in octave

From: Urs Hackstein
Subject: Re: complex line integral in octave
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:29:40 +0200

Dear Stephen,

thanks a lot for your long reply. Unfortunately, we are talking about different integrals. Your are dealing with the zero-counting integral \int_\alpha f ' (s)/f(s) ds, I work on the integral \int_\alpha s*f ' (s)/f(s) ds, where * is the common multiplication. From complex function theory we know that it equals a, if a is the only root of f in the rectangle. We want to compute this root, thus method 2 doesn't work for us. Remains method 1: what is the best (most efficient and stable) built in integration command?