Re: [OS X] octave cannot start a properly working gnuplot

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: [OS X] octave cannot start a properly working gnuplot
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:17:10 -0500

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2013-04-25 23:14 +0800, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> Your case works for me (I'm not using Homebrew, but I'm also on 10.8.3).
>
> You might check if you can plot with GNUTERM=aqua

This requires aquaterm.

I wonder if people having intimate knowledge of octave innards know of a
way to make octave verbose about what goes on. That way we can get right
to the problem.

What is output of
octave> gnuplot_binary

?

If you do
octave> system(gnuplot_binary)

do you get gnuplot startup windows and the prompt?

Leo

Dmitri.