Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: New development for emacs's octave-mode
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:18:57 +0800

On 2013-04-29 17:22 +0800, Olaf Till wrote:
> breaking a long line containing strings with placeholders still seems
> to mistake the percent sign for the start of a comment:
>
> breaking the line
>
> printf ("aaaa dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd %i", abcd);
>
> leads to
>
> printf ("aaaa dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd %i", \
>         %abcd);

Confirmed. I never like auto-formatting code (only comments).

Based on your experience, does the octave-specific fill function do
something nice that the default fill function doesn't?

You can enable the default auto-fill-function by:

(add-hook 'actave-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq normal-auto-fill-function 'do-auto-fill)))

By looking at the code, it seems octave-auto-fill does little extra but
have to copy a lot of code from do-auto-fill.

I would like to simplify it.

Leo