Re: libcruft.so: undefined reference

From: Ankit Shah
Subject: Re: libcruft.so: undefined reference
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:57:21 +0530

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM, marco atzeri-2 [via Octave] <address@hidden> wrote:
Il 5/29/2013 6:01 PM, ankit2313 ha scritto:

> Sorry Marco but I did'nt found which was the first command that failed
> the make can you help me find that please. Secondly is the mail now
> posted properly or any more modifications are required. I read that top
> posting must be avoided thanks for pointing out.

fine thanks.

The last commad is this one:
> /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -pthread
>   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wformat -Wpointer-arith
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align
> -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -pthread -g -O2 -pthread -no-undefined   -o
> octave main.o liboctinterp.la ../liboctave/liboctave.la ../libcruft/libcruft.la
>  -lm

but lm is reported so I have no clue.
-no-undefined is need on windows but should make no difference on Linux,
nor should make any difference the order of the linking libraries

For your info, this is libtool echo of the last command:

> libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -pthread -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -Wshadow
> -Wformat -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -g -O2 -pthread -pthread -g -O2
> -pthread -o .libs/octave main.o  ./.libs/liboctinterp.so
> ../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so -lm
> -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/octave/3.6.4

and, of course, this is the linking error:

> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `r_imag'
> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `c_exp'
[cut]
> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `d_cnjg'
> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `c_abs'
> ../libcruft/.libs/libcruft.so: undefined reference to `d_mod'

and here Make advises you that a command is failed in that directory

> make[3]: *** [octave] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4/src'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Ankit Shah

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/make-returns-error-for-leaving-directory-tp4653387p4653434.html
To unsubscribe from make returns error for leaving directory, click here.
NAML

Hi marco I got the previous problem sorted by installing this library libftgl-dev then I did make distclean and then again configure and then make. Fortunately the previous error of the libcrufts not linking got sorted but this time got an error in faq directory. This is the exact error:

TEXINPUTS="./..:$TEXINPUTS" \
MAKEINFO='/bin/bash /home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4/build-aux/missing --run makeinfo   -I .' \
texi2dvi OctaveFAQ.texi
You don't have a working TeX binary installed, but the texi2dvi script
can't proceed without it. If you want to use this script, you have to
install some kind of TeX, for example TeX Live Debian packages. You can do
that with this command:
       apt-get install texlive
make[3]: *** [OctaveFAQ.dvi] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4/doc/faq'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ankit/Softwares/octave-3.6.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It asks me to install texlive but it's something around 285 MB of download. Is it really necessary or some specific tex package would do the thing correct as I've got a slow internet connection. I also tried for installing texlive-binaries but its also 63 MB.

Any suggestions are welcome.
--
Ankit Shah