Re: Octave ode45 vs. Matlab ode45

From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Subject: Re: Octave ode45 vs. Matlab ode45
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:48:55 -0500

On 06/14/2013 11:36 PM, Jeffrey wrote:
> Well, there's nothing wrong with using spline - except that I don't know
> how to use it (and haven't figured it out in the time between our last
> posts). I was just offering another solution.

Try using the Matlab documentation.  You can access it using google
"matlab spline" - it is often easier to follow.

> In the end, ode45 is much too slow.

Have you tried lsode?

But I agree, ode45 is far slower than matlab's.  I wish I knew the
reason why.  Like I said earlier, I believe the problem is with the
speed of the interpreter.  If that is the case, lsode won't be of any help.