Re: signal package

From: Richard Kirk
Subject: Re: signal package
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:51:10 +0100

On 06/18/2013 09:59 AM, "Maximilian Schäkel" wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem with the installation of the signal package. I have the packet signal-1.2.2.tar.gz still packed in my download folder.
If I give the following command in Octave:

pkg install-forge-signal-1.2.2.tar.gz

is output as error message:

warning: file-forge does not exist
warning: file> = does not exist
warning: file does not exist 2.2.3
error: The following dependencies where unsatisfied:
signal needs octave> = 3.6.0
Quick guess: it seems to be telling you that you need Octave 3.6.0. Are you running an earlier version of octave? It also suggests you need some other packages such as 'general', 'needs', and 'specfun'. You may be able to run an older version of the signal library. However, if you can update octave (if you are on a Mac then this isn't easy) then the 'pkg install' function can download and install the packages for you and things get a lot slicker.

Cheers.
Richard Kirk