help with the socket package

From: seb salmon
Subject: help with the socket package
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:13:43 +0200

Hello,

I've two different computers, the first one in under windows and runs Scilab, the second is under linux and runs Octave.
I'ld like to make then working together so I was looking to use sockets.

On Scilab, it's quite simple :
SOCKET_init();

SOCKET_open(1,"192.168.1.75",9002);   // IP of the linux computer and port
disp(SOCKET_query(1,"data?"); // asking for data value and getting answer from linux computer
SOCKET_close(1);

On Octave, a bit more complicated :
server = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0)
rc = bind(server,port)
rc = listen(server,1)
server_data = accept(server)

# Receving incoming datas
[msg_s, len_s] = recv( server_data, 100 )
output=char(msg_s) # Here I'm getting the word data? from Scilab

# Responding by sending datas
rc = send( server_data, "1234" ) # Data is 1234
rc = disconnect( server_data )
rc = disconnect( server )

the problem is I can read all data from Scilab under Octave but Scilab do not receive any reply from Octave.

Do you have any clue where the problem is ?

Thanks in advance for you replies