Re: Solving A*x=b when A is full rank but numerically rank deficient

From: withaar
Subject: Re: Solving A*x=b when A is full rank but numerically rank deficient
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

My first effort would be to investigate whether the data can be mapped using
a logarithm. This will make power relations linear and avoid the numeric
instability. Altogether the best if possible.

As a poor second I might use pinv (pseudo-inverse), which produces the
optimal fit in the least-square sense, I believe.

Willem