Re: GUI in Octave

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: GUI in Octave
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:14:55 -0500

>> Is xoctave worth the expense ($50)?

Well, Octave itself is worth much more than that; I think it'd be a good
idea to donate the $50 to Octave (which is easily done from
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/), which I just did.

> If you are too impatient for our next Octave release which will have a
> GUI (I don't expect it will take longer than a few months), and you
> don't want to help us test it by building it from the development
> sources,

I'll be doing that when I get the chance.  I recall trying that before
but having trouble with the dependencies; I don't know why I would have,
though, since the instructions at
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/etc/HACKING
are pretty clear.

Jay