Re: mkoctfile does not pass -Xlinker to the compiler

From: Andres Cimmarusti
Subject: Re: mkoctfile does not pass -Xlinker to the compiler
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:15:04 -0400

>> Did you try pytave ?

> Pytave is for the other way around, calling Octave from Python.

That's correct. I need to call Python from octave, not the other way around.
Any clues as to what is going on, my question is very specific to mkoctfile.

I forgot to say I'm using Debian testing (jessie) with octave 3.6.4.
Currently, testing has gcc at 4.7.2 and default python at 2.7.5.

I would also like to add that the problems I was having with Matlab on Ubuntu, seemed not to be related to Xlinker (there, I think it's working as I don't get the error I get using octave), but then when I try to import any python modules I get errors that they are not accessible (even though, if I run a clean python console they work just fine).

Andres