Re: Printing on Windows

From: Ron.Simonson
Subject: Re: Printing on Windows
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:27:11 -0700

On 08/06/2013 12:06 PM, biogas-1 wrote:
I get great plots using the Windows version of Octave, but when I try to
print them, the data which is outside the limits defined by axis() appear,
and the plot looks very shoddy.

I know this is probably a gnuplot problem, but does anyone know how to
control this?  This would be most awesome help.
Thank you!

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656434/junk.png>

I am strictly a Linux user so I cannot answer your question directly.  I
generally use octave for calculations and gnuplot for plotting.  I write
the data I want to plot to a file and then generate a gnuplot script to
do all my plotting.  I feel that I have more control over plotting this
way and I break the problem up into smaller pieces, making it easier for
me to debug if that is necessary.

It is fairly straightforward to write a shell script to build the
gnuplot file, and then call gnuplot if you like.  Batch files in your
environment are rather different than shell scripts but you should be
able to accomplish these tasks in a batch file.

I am sorry I am not more help but perhaps this can get you going.

Talk to you later.  Ron.