Re: A question!!!

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: A question!!!
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 11:22:11 -0400

On 8 August 2013 09:38, Ester de la Torre <address@hidden> wrote:
> My name is Ester de la Torre, I Algebra  teach at the National University of
> San Juan, Republic of Argentina. So far I have worked with non-free
> software. I'm interested to know if octave has tools for working with
> polynomials matrix that is the work that we have faced with a group of
> colleagues.

Do you mean a matrix containing polynomials or a polynomial whose
indeterminate can be matrix-valued?

For the former, no, there is nothing like it yet. Someone is working
on the symbolic package to make that happen. For the latter, a
polynomial that takes values in a matrix is a very simple object to
manipulate, so you can usually treat it like an ordinary univariate
polynomial.

- Jordi G. H.