Re: Flush history?

From: Richard Kirk
Subject: Re: Flush history?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:52:24 +0100

On 12 Aug 2013, at 17:45, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

On 22 July 2013 09:44, Richard KIrk <address@hidden> wrote:
Is there a way to flush the history? I am trying to trace an intermittent
crash in my code. Octave seems to flush out the history buffer when it exits
normally, but the history is lost if it crashes (entirely reasonable).

The solution was to use 'history -w' - saving to the default file does what I wanted.

Octave crashing isn't tolerable. If you can tell us under which
conditions it's crashing, you should prepare a bug report.

It's in my compiled oct-file stuff, so it's my fault. I have since run octave under gdb
and found out why it was doing this.

Thanks.
Richard

---
FilmLight Ltd, Artists House, 14-15 Manette Street, London W1D 4AP
Tel: +44 (0)20 7292 0400  Fax: +44 (0)20 7292 0401