Re: getframe() alternatives

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: getframe() alternatives
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 07:54:53 -0700 (PDT)

acoustic77 wrote

Good!

>  I commented out:
> set(hnd,'visible','off');

Yeah I figured that would be needed.

> I kept the:
> set(hnd,'WindowStyle','normal');
> Line and it print and read the figure. The only problem is that it isn't
> looping. The output video (which, coincidentally isn't .avi, just type
> "file" but that's fine because I just change the file type to .avi) is
> only one frame long. Any thoughts on why it's not looping and creating all
> the frames to the video?

No, sorry.
A code I used (one or two years ago) looks like:

## set basename of project
:
## Create video file
aviobj=avifile([basename '.avi'],'fps',5)
:
<draw a nice picture (full screen btw)>
:
## Initial picture (1st frame)
F=getframe(fig);
addframe(aviobj,F);
:
## start loop
:
< one by one, draw amended pictures >
:
F = getframe(fig);
addframe(aviobj,F);
:
## end loop; close video
:
aviobj=close(aviobj);

> Honestly, I can't thank you enough for walking me through all of this and
> helping me so much. You've definitely done all of your good deeds for the
> week, and it's very much appreciated.

<blush> thanks but please don't exaggerate ;-)

I hope the most that you've learned a bit about how to debug your code. That
is an important goal for most of us here.

Philip