Scatter Plot Legend

From: Rod Letchford
Subject: Scatter Plot Legend
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 01:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I'm new to Octave. I realize this question has been asked before, but a search on the internet has turned up answers that were not what I'm after.
I need a legend in a scatter plot that has a vertical series of filled circles of decreasing size. Alongside each circle I need an integer that corresponds to the size of the filled circle. The scatter plot consists of a number of filled circles of continuously (not necessarily integer) varying sizes.
Any help would be appreciated.
Rod